Nov 8th Parish Meeting Minutes - Wed 09th November 2016

 


For those that weren’t at the super fast paced Parish Meeting on Nov 8th, here are the minutes:-


 


Present: Andy Hall, Megan Ward, Ralph Davies, Kevin Brogan, Linda Brogan, Linda Clark, Margaret Huxtable, Anna Davies, Elizabeth Hudson, Colin Hudson, Simon Tilley, Claire Lightbody, Jonathan Lightbody, Penny Peterson and Alison Hall.


Apologies: Judith Smith, Brian Smith, Ravi Baker, Vince Baker, Rob Parkes, Lisa Parkes, Suzanne Squires, Jim Piercy, Jenny Piercy, Vanya Green, Nathan Stowe, Zoe Stowe, Louise Lipman, Helena Tilley, Harold Huxtable, Lindy Wilson, Jon Wilson, Nev Ward.


 


* Meeting opened by Andy Hall, Chairman.


* Discussed minutes of last meeting.


 


* Penny Peterson proposed Megan Ward as new Village Clerk and Ralph Davies seconded the proposition. All were in agreement and Megan took up position of Clerk and joined Andy.


 


* Simon Tilley again invited residents to the Bio-Gas workshop on 12th November and mentioned that he was in talks with Tom at the pub to see if he was interested in any involvement with a village biogas project.


 


* In regards to the wireless internet. Jonathan still needs to speak to Louise in regards to information going on the village website. Simon has had no further interest and will need a village decision soon. Colin Hudson informed everyone that he had been able to increase his broadband speed by having his internal wiring checked by BT.


 


* In regards to the concern raised over increased lorries along the Caunton Road, Andy has discussed this with Bruce Laughton and is hoping for a meeting with him soon. Ralph has undertaken a survey from his garden and himself and Colin feel there is a vast increase in lorry traffic passing their homes. It was discussed that the A616 is a much quieter and safer road that should be being used instead of lorries cutting through Hockerton down Caunton Road. Penny added that as Caunton Road is not an A road there may be a possibility of getting speed bumps on it and all other roads seems to have a 7.5tonne limit but Caunton Road does not yet. Andy will pursue that with support from Colin and Ralph. Traffic speed concerns were once again raised and Andy suggested that tidying up the village would be beneficial. Village entrances are a bit overgrown, gateways could make a difference. We could all be more proactive in the upkeep on the village.


 


* Liz Laine sent an email round regarding the application for a grant for improvements to the village hall and village signs. She had some response but really needs more input and support from people. If anyone could please email Liz with any thoughts please. Andy went through again what space there would be for a toilet and kitchenette, Colin offered to help with the design work for the hall. Andy is hoping to meet with the land owner about additional space in January. Colin and Andy will discuss possibilities. Simon is hoping for support from Storm Saver for rainwater collection at the hall and is hoping to get them along to a future village meeting.


 


* Nick and Diane Mayfield have kindly agreed to let us hold a summer fete on their land. A subcommittee has been put together in the meeting volunteered by Ralph Davies, Penny Peterson, Andy Hall, Megan Ward and Claire Lightbody and we will work with Nick to start the planning.


 


* Andy has done a fantastic job at organising the Christmas party and all the tickets have now sold out. Please could everyone make sure to get your money to him asap.


 


* During the meeting we talked about having Christmas carols in the churchyard again and it was agreed that this will take place on Friday 23rd December at 6pm. Penny Peterson will arrange things with the church, if everyone could bring some sort of festive refreshments and we hope to go on to the pub afterwards. Andy or Megan to send round email.


 


AOB:


* Mel and Tom at the pub have no access to the current notice board so it was decided that they could temporarily break into it as it will be replaced soon anyway. Megan will contact a local joiner in regards to erecting a new one. Andy has bought and fitted a new notice board outside the hall. Penny asked if the old notice board could be removed and for the memorial to stay in place which was agreed. Andy agreed that John Peterson could take down the old notice boards with caution!

Nov 8th Parish Meeting Minutes - Wed 09th November 2016

 


For those that weren’t at the super fast paced Parish Meeting on Nov 8th, here are the minutes:-


 


Present: Andy Hall, Megan Ward, Ralph Davies, Kevin Brogan, Linda Brogan, Linda Clark, Margaret Huxtable, Anna Davies, Elizabeth Hudson, Colin Hudson, Simon Tilley, Claire Lightbody, Jonathan Lightbody, Penny Peterson and Alison Hall.


Apologies: Judith Smith, Brian Smith, Ravi Baker, Vince Baker, Rob Parkes, Lisa Parkes, Suzanne Squires, Jim Piercy, Jenny Piercy, Vanya Green, Nathan Stowe, Zoe Stowe, Louise Lipman, Helena Tilley, Harold Huxtable, Lindy Wilson, Jon Wilson, Nev Ward.


 


* Meeting opened by Andy Hall, Chairman.


* Discussed minutes of last meeting.


 


* Penny Peterson proposed Megan Ward as new Village Clerk and Ralph Davies seconded the proposition. All were in agreement and Megan took up position of Clerk and joined Andy.


 


* Simon Tilley again invited residents to the Bio-Gas workshop on 12th November and mentioned that he was in talks with Tom at the pub to see if he was interested in any involvement with a village biogas project.


 


* In regards to the wireless internet. Jonathan still needs to speak to Louise in regards to information going on the village website. Simon has had no further interest and will need a village decision soon. Colin Hudson informed everyone that he had been able to increase his broadband speed by having his internal wiring checked by BT.


 


* In regards to the concern raised over increased lorries along the Caunton Road, Andy has discussed this with Bruce Laughton and is hoping for a meeting with him soon. Ralph has undertaken a survey from his garden and himself and Colin feel there is a vast increase in lorry traffic passing their homes. It was discussed that the A616 is a much quieter and safer road that should be being used instead of lorries cutting through Hockerton down Caunton Road. Penny added that as Caunton Road is not an A road there may be a possibility of getting speed bumps on it and all other roads seems to have a 7.5tonne limit but Caunton Road does not yet. Andy will pursue that with support from Colin and Ralph. Traffic speed concerns were once again raised and Andy suggested that tidying up the village would be beneficial. Village entrances are a bit overgrown, gateways could make a difference. We could all be more proactive in the upkeep on the village.


 


* Liz Laine sent an email round regarding the application for a grant for improvements to the village hall and village signs. She had some response but really needs more input and support from people. If anyone could please email Liz with any thoughts please. Andy went through again what space there would be for a toilet and kitchenette, Colin offered to help with the design work for the hall. Andy is hoping to meet with the land owner about additional space in January. Colin and Andy will discuss possibilities. Simon is hoping for support from Storm Saver for rainwater collection at the hall and is hoping to get them along to a future village meeting.


 


* Nick and Diane Mayfield have kindly agreed to let us hold a summer fete on their land. A subcommittee has been put together in the meeting volunteered by Ralph Davies, Penny Peterson, Andy Hall, Megan Ward and Claire Lightbody and we will work with Nick to start the planning.


 


* Andy has done a fantastic job at organising the Christmas party and all the tickets have now sold out. Please could everyone make sure to get your money to him asap.


 


* During the meeting we talked about having Christmas carols in the churchyard again and it was agreed that this will take place on Friday 23rd December at 6pm. Penny Peterson will arrange things with the church, if everyone could bring some sort of festive refreshments and we hope to go on to the pub afterwards. Andy or Megan to send round email.


 


AOB:


* Mel and Tom at the pub have no access to the current notice board so it was decided that they could temporarily break into it as it will be replaced soon anyway. Megan will contact a local joiner in regards to erecting a new one. Andy has bought and fitted a new notice board outside the hall. Penny asked if the old notice board could be removed and for the memorial to stay in place which was agreed. Andy agreed that John Peterson could take down the old notice boards with caution!